I love crock pot meals….but crock pot meals didn’t really work for me when I started working full time and went to the gym after work because I’d be gone for almost 12 hours and my crock pot meals ALWAYS burned! Even on low. So when I saw the Instant Pot I immediately put it on my Christmas list!
Now, if you’re one for easy, quick dinners then you need an Instant Pot. RIGHT NOW! You can buy one here: Instant Pot
This was one of my favorite crock pot meals so I decided to try in my Instant Pot. I usually get home around 8pm so it’s really nice to be able to throw everything in the pot and go shower and come back and have it basically be ready! And there’s little clean up….it’s a win win!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 frozen or thawed chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of dried Italian dressing seasoning
- 2-4 servings of rice (I used Jasmine rice)
I literally threw all of those ingredients into my Instant Pot and put the lid on.
Make sure the valve is on sealing.
Then put it on the meat seating and let it cook for 15-20 minutes if the chicken is thawed and about 30 minutes if it’s still frozen. When that is done turn the valve to venting and let the pressure release…all the way, and then take the lid off and put it on sauté for 10 minutes. This will make the sauce thicken. You will need to stir it occasionally. While it’s finishing up cook your rice on the stove.
I like to have my chicken shredded to put over the rice or you can keep them as breasts and serve over rice also.
This is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made and it’s my favorite! My husband always says how good it is even though he’s had it a thousand times! And we always have left overs!
If you’re wanting to do this in your crock pot first combine the Italian dressing packet, cream of chicken soup and cream cheese for about 30 minutes. Stir it up and then put the chicken in it for 4-6 hours. Then all you have to do is cook the rice and you’re ready to go!
If you’re a busy mama, wife, college student, or really anyone…. the Instant Pot is a must have! It seriously makes life so much easier! After this meal all I had to clean was the pot I made the rice in and the Instant Pot bowl which seems to be easier to clean than my crock pot was.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken
- 2-4 thawed or frozen chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of Italian Dressing seasoning
- 2-4 servings of rice
- Put the chicken and all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot and put the lid on
- Turn the valve to sealing
- Set it to meat for 20 minutes if thawed, 30 minutes if frozen
- Once done turn the valve to venting to release the pressure
- Once the pressure is fully released, be careful, and take the lid off and set it to sauté for 10 minutes.
- Cook rice
- Stir occasionally
- Shred chicken if desired
- Serve of rice and enjoy!